chinese community media campaign
ECCNSW conducted a media campaign targeting the Chinese Community centered on the Beijing Olympic Games and Chinese New Year celebrations.
The campaign informed Mandarin and Cantonese Chinese speakers in Sydney about a range of actions they could take to live more sustainably through a variety of Chinese media.
Over 18 Chinese community organisations participated in the media campaign with the ECC.
• Eight articles were published in Chinese newspapers, reaching an audience of 50, 000 readers.
• Eight radio talk shows were held in Mandarin and Cantonese, to an estimated listener audience of 60, 000 – 80, 000.
• 224 community service announcements were broadcast to an average audience of 60, 000.
• 2 songs, one in Mandarin, and one in Cantonese were created to promote sustainability.
• Over 2500 attended three special singing shows in Belmore Park and Chatswood.
• 10 Chinese media organisations attended and reported on the campaign Media Launch.