Expressions of interest are now open for the following LGBTQ+ sexual, domestic and family violence prevention FREE workshops for community organised by City of Sydney.
Expression of interest close on Monday 30 January 2023 at 10am.
This online workshop is by application only. It’s designed for residents or people volunteering and working in the City of Sydney local area.
LGBTQ+ sexual, domestic and family violence prevention workshop for community
When: 2 workshop sessions will be held – both sessions are mandatory.
- Tuesday 7 February, 6pm to 8:30pm
- Tuesday 14 February, 6pm to 8:30pm
Learn how to play an active role in preventing and responding to sexual, domestic and family violence affecting LGBTQ+ people in this training from the City of Sydney and ACON.
You’ll gain an understanding of gender-based violence and how it can be prevented, sexual and domestic and family violence, and how to have safe supportive conversations. You’ll also learn where to get help for people impacted by sexual, domestic and family violence.
Over the sessions you will learn how to:
- identify drivers of gender-based violence that impact LGBTQ+ communities
- describe primary prevention frameworks
- identify and respond to drivers of violence and strategies to contribute to change
- demonstrate being a compassionate responder to people experiencing or using violence
- implement self-care and self-support strategies in day-to-day life and practice.
For more information, click HERE