By-elections will be held in NSW on Saturday, 12 February 2022 for the state electoral districts of:
Voting is compulsory if you are enrolled in one of these electoral districts.
As a COVID-19 safety measure, all electors enrolled in these districts will receive a postal vote pack. You do not have to apply for the pack, it will be issued to you automatically. It’s up to you whether you choose to use the postal vote pack or vote in person.
Voting in person
If you do not want to postal vote you can vote in person during the early voting period. Early voting commences Monday, 31 January. You can also vote in person on election day Saturday, 12 February 2022 from 8am to 6pm. Visit elections.nsw.gov.au for early voting opening hours, voting locations, venue accessibility and candidate information.
If you intend to vote in person:
- wear a mask
- bring your own pen
- maintain recommended physical distancing
- use the hand sanitiser provided.
Online voting (iVote) is not available at these by-elections.
Assistance for electors:
- If you need assistance in a language other than English, please call Translating and Interpreting Service National on 131 450 and ask them to call the NSW Electoral Commission on 1300 135 736.
- If you are deaf, hard of hearing and/or have a speech impairment, please contact the NSW Electoral Commission through the National Relay Service.
- All voting centres have handheld magnifying sheets and maxi pens. If you need any of these items, please ask an election official.
- Auslan interpreters will be available on Saturday, 5 February from 9:00am to 5:30pm and Saturday 12 February from 8:00am to 6:00pm. To use this service, please make a Skype video call on your smartphone or tablet device to NSWelections Auslan or NSWelections Auslan2
For more information visit elections.nsw.gov.au