Support is available if you can’t earn an income and you’ve been personally directed to self-isolate by a health official, or you’re caring for someone with COVID-19.
Pandemic Leave Disaster Payment is a lump sum payment to help you when all of the following apply:
- you can’t work and earn an income
- you have no sick leave entitlements
- you’re directed to self-isolate or quarantine by either NSW Health, a person employed by a state or regional department of health or a person from NSW Department of Education acting as a contact tracer.
They must tell you specifically to self-isolate or quarantine due to:
- being diagnosed with COVID-19
- being identified as a close contact of a confirmed case of COVID-19
- needing to care for someone who has been diagnosed with or is a close contact of a confirmed case of COVID-19.
What you need to do
Information on the Pandemic Leave Disaster Payment is evolving. Please refer to the Services Australia website for the most up to date information.
Information on the Pandemic Leave Disaster Payment can be accessed on the website servicesaustralia.gov.au by following these breadcrumbs:
- Pandemic Leave Information
- Home > Getting help during coronavirus (COVID-19) > If you need a payment.
- How to claim
- Home > Getting help during coronavirus (COVID-19) > Most useful information > Centrelink online account help – Claim the Pandemic Leave Disaster Payment.
If you need ongoing financial support, check to see what other payments you may be eligible to get by using the Payment and Service Finder tool found on the website.