The NSW Local Government elections will be held on Saturday, 4 December 2021.
The NSW Electoral Commission has developed a range of resources to help raise awareness about these elections and support access to voting. For these elections, the Stakeholder engagement kit is a web page, which links to the community information and education resources across their website.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, important changes for these local government elections include:
- all electors are eligible to vote early at a pre-poll/early voting location
- iVote will be available to eligible electors for the first time at local government elections
- postal voting eligibility has been expanded.
Your organisation can help remind the electors of New South Wales about the upcoming elections in a number of ways:
- share the materials and resources with your communities and networks
- include their suggested newsletter content in your own communications
- post and share their content and assets on your social media platforms
- share the webpage link with other individuals and organisations.
Please note that postal vote applications have opened. The next key date for electors is Monday, 22 November: this is when iVote applications open and iVote voting starts, the pre-poll in-person voting period commences, and registered electoral material will be published on the NSW Electoral Commission’s website..