Below is a range of resources to help you throughout your entire tax and super journey, from lodging your first tax return and understanding the tax and super system to starting their own business.
- Help for your first tax time audio guide – in Arabic, Cantonese, Dari, Farsi, Mandarin and Nepali
- Tax time resources in up to 18 languages, including Arabic, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Vietnamese,
- Resources including:
- Help for your first tax time
- Steps to make doing your tax time easier
- Important information for your 2021-22 tax return
- Get free help to do your tax return (Tax Help)
- Resources including:
- Additional tax time resources in Assyrian, Dinka and Filipino as they’re not included in the above links:
- Assyrian – Superannuation basics, Help with paying, Protect your personal information, Record keeping for small businesses, Verify or report a scam
- Dinka – Apply for a tax file number, Deductions you can claim, How to lodge your tax return, Record keeping for small businesses, Tax in Australia: what you need to know
- Filipino – Apply for a tax file number, Deductions you can claim, Departing Australia Superannuation Payment (DASP) for temporary residents, How to lodge your tax return, Tax and super in Australia – what you need to know
- Vietnamese small business resources:
- Lodging a tax return for your business
- Record keeping for small businesses
- Business activity statements
- Concessions for small business entities
- Deductions for small business
- Fixing mistakes or making adjustments on your BAS
- Fuel tax credits for business
- How we protect honest businesses
- GST for small business
- BAS and GST tips
- Registering for GST
- Cancelling your GST registration
- Single Touch Payroll
- Tax and the cash economy
- How to create a myGov account and link to the ATO video – in English, Cantonese, Hindi, Mandarin, Punjabi, Urdu, Thai, Vietnamese and Korean
- Foreign income and residency fact sheets – Arabic, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Japanese, Korean and Vietnamese
- Easy Reads (e.g. Get ready to do your tax, How to do your tax, Linking your myGov account)
- Our in-language podcast on tax and super in Arabic, Korean, Mandarin and Vietnamese
- Cryptocurrency and tax – in Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai and Vietnamese.
- Our community voices video series
You can also share these resources on social media if you want to share them around with your community. Check the links below.
- Crypto currency podcast Facebook post
- Super and tax podcast Facebook post
- Running a small business community voices video – Karan
- Protecting your personal identity community voices video – Feridun
- Operating as a sole trader community voices video – Hanna
- New to tax and super community voices video – Shane
Also, with tax time fast approaching, you’ll find resources to understand your obligations and get help and support.
Additional tax time support:
- Free Tax Help program for people earning $60,000 or less lodge their tax return online. Depending on availability of volunteers, they can provide the service in-language.
- Check the National Tax Clinic program to help people who may not be able to afford professional advice and representation with their tax affairs. This is usually run by universities across Australia.